Wednesday, February 11, 2009

A Good Website for My Student


I searched around the National Geographic Kids site, because my student loves animals, especially dogs, and wants to be a veterinarian. When asked what she would do with $1,000,000, she said that she would open an animal shelter. How can you not love that?

Anyway, I found this site about the different types of work dogs do, and I thought she might find this interesting. If she loves dogs, then she probably already knows a lot about them, but this article may give her some new information.

There is an article, a link to a game about working dogs, and links to organizations that train these animals.

Check out the site here: Working Like a Dog.

1 comment:

  1. Yep, Working Like a Dog is cool. I want to go through and really dive into the National Geographic for Kids site. It's rich with information on all sorts of Content Area topics, like Caribou. And I think it's awesome that she said she'd open an animal shelter. John

    ReplyDelete